You already understand Coaching...
Just as athletes have innate qualities and abilities that contribute to their overall performance, YOU have qualities and abilities that contribute to YOUR overall success and fulfillment.
Just as an Athletic Coach assists athletes in fully developing their abilities to maximum performance... A Life Coach is a professional relationship designed to enhance an individual's ability to focus, make effective changes, achieve desired goals and maximize success and fulfillment in life.
Life, Business, and Executive Coaching and Athletic Coaching are similar in many ways.
- Support clients/athletes by providing a structure that creates consistency - i.e. weekly coaching calls/workout schedule.
- Fully embrace and develop client's/athlete's strengths, and improve the areas that need attention.
- Empower clients/athletes to go beyond what they think they are capable of.
- Ensures clients/athletes has a solid foundation of "the basics". Whether in sports or in life, it all starts with a solid foundation.
- Works with clients/athletes over TIME. Success doesn't happen in a single workout or a single coaching session.
- Don't actually DO the work for clients/athletes, but the presence of a coach provides strength, encouragement, empowerment and additional insight - giving the client/athlete an edge they wouldn't have on their own.
- Assists clients/athletes in achieving their goals and dreams (Clients: more money, deeper relationships, productivity, fulfillment, balance, gratifying results - Athletes: The Olympics or The Super Bowl). Where would Olympic athletes be without their coaches? Would they have made it to the Olympics? Would they have maximized their performance?
The Biggest Differences are..
- YOU design the goals that are important to you (the end goal isn't necessarily the Super Bowl or the Olympics) . What are your personal Olympics? What would be your Super Bowl?
- In Life Coaching we'll focus on ALL of you, not just one area of your life.
Imagine a relationship with someone...
- Where YOU are the center of focus
- Who is totally curious about your dreams and aspirations.
- Who listens to you without judgment and accepts you without analyzing you.
- Who will help you clarify your goals, values and purpose - providing the programs and tools to get you into action and focused on the results you desire.
- Where you are inspired to go beyond the ordinary, raise your standards and live the life you know you're truly capable of living.
- Who is sometimes more committed to what you want in your life than you are.
- Who knows your values, passions and life purpose and holds you true to them.
- Who celebrates your victories and helps you learn from your setbacks.
- Who is listening, not only to your words, but also to what's behind the words, the nuances of your voice, your emotion, your energy - everything you communicate
- Who will unequivocally tell you the truth - the about where you are strong, about how you show up, and where you are selling yourself short.
- Imagine you get to talk to this person every week, regularly and consistently - to consolidate, to integrate and to push on.
Think about all the keys to living a successful, fulfilling and enriching life? Were there subjects in high school or college that guided you to build a solid personal foundation in life? Were there subjects designed to give you that additional edge in business? Not at any of the schools I attended. It's sad, but true. While reading, writing, and arithmetic are essential ingredients in life - they aren't ALL we need to create the life of our dreams. Look at the following list. Most of which were not emphasized in school, if at all. Circle the "subjects" you wish you had a stronger knowledge of, or wish were more developed in your life. (You may want to print this out FIRST, it's hard to write on computer screens).
Wouldn't it be great if these "classes" were available to us all? And what if each program was custom designed just for YOU? While there are books, workshops and programs available on many of these subjects, it takes time and energy to find it, "take it in" and INTEGRATE it into your life in a way that works for YOU. These options are time intensive approaches that may or may not "net" the desired result.
Coaching is another way to design your own custom "personal life program" or "business success program" and integrate it into reality. Having a coach keeps you focused. Having a coach gives you that objectivity and support you'll need along the way. Having a coach can expedite the process and make that process more enjoyable
Investing in YOU
One of the greatest investments we can make in life is in ourselves. And, we're often too busy or distracted to focus on US. It is from ourselves that everything else in life stems from. You wouldn't build a house without a solid foundation, why settle for building a life without a solid foundation. To simplify it down to the most essential THREE steps.
1. Design a vision for your life and / or work.
2.Leverage stregnths, talents, skills and resources
3. Set up an developing & accountabilty sturucture. (....coaching!
Ok, so you're thinking coaching can truly impact your life. What's the next step?
Before officially beginning the "Coaching Relationship" with you, I like to spend about 30 minutes to give YOU an experience of coaching. There's no greater way to understand what coaching is all about than "experiencing it". It's also a great opportunity for BOTH of us to get to know each other.. One of the keys to coaching is chemistry. If we aren't a "fit", I can refer you to other coaches that I highly recommend. In a great coaching relationship you will feel safe to share openly and authentically, empowered to reach your goals, and challenged to go beyond your best. Coaching relationships develop over time, however it begins with chemistry. Use your intuition to guide you in this life-altering decision. (If you made it this far, mention it and I will reduce your monthly fee by $50.00 per month)